Functions of the Commission
The overall function of the Commission is to study and keep under constant review laws of Uganda with a view to making recommendations for their improvement, development, modernization and reform.
The Commission in discharging its core function may:
- eliminate anomalies in the law;
- repeal obsolete and unnecessary laws;
- simplify and translate the laws in action;
- reflect in the laws of Uganda, the customs, values and norms of society as well as concepts consistent with international law;
- develop new areas in the law to make them respond to the changing needs of the society in Uganda;
- recommend for adoption of new and more effective methods for the administration of the law and dispensation of justice; and
- integrate and unify of the laws of Uganda.