POST: RESEARCH ASSISTANTS (2 posts)
TERMS: CONTRACT (One year - renewable)
REPORTS TO: LEGAL OFFICER
AGE: 21 YEARS AND ABOVE
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE:
Applicants should be Ugandans who meet the following requirements:-
- A minimum qualification of an honours degree in law from a recognized University and a diploma in legal practice from the Law Development Centre.
- Good analytical and writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Knowledge of research methods and report writing is an added advantage.
- A relevant diploma or master’s degree shall be an added advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
The Research Assistant will be responsible for performing the following duties:-
- Carrying out both desk and field research;
- Collecting and compiling necessary documents for the fulfilment of the Commission’s work;
- Participating in consultation processes including workshops;
- Delivering papers and representing the Commission in various fora as may be assigned from time to time;
- Revising, translating and simplifying Laws and participating in activities related to the publications of the Commission;
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Download a copy of advert below