Applications are invited from suitable and eligible Ugandans to provide the services of a Typesetter at the Uganda Law Reform Commission.Applications should be submitted in triplicate to:
The Commission Secretary,
Uganda Law Reform Commission,
P O Box 12149, Kampala, 8th floor, Workers’ House
not later than 5.00pm on 8th May 2017. Applicants should attach certified photocopies of their testimonials and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) accompanied by a recent passport size photograph.
POST: TYPESETTER (1 POST)
TERMS: CONTRACT (one year renewable)
SALARY: Ug. shs. 2,000,000/=
AGE: 25 years and above
REPORTS TO: Commissioner, Law Revision
Minimum qualifications and working experience
The applicant should be a Ugandan and should have:-
- A minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Art and Design from a recognised University
- Conversant with Adobe creative suit, (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Professional etc.) and any other modern design software.
- Skills in layout and design particularly good knowledge of book layout and design.
- Visual Ideation /Creativity.
- Good knowledge of printing processes (added advantage)
- Experience of a minimum of 2 years in a busy environment
- Good at decision making and self-drive
- Skills in typing, proofreading and a good eye for detail.
- Good communications skills.
- Attach a portfolio of previous works alongside CV
Duties and Responsibilities
- Typeset all Commission publications as required.
- Design covers of all publications submitted.
- Advise on the format of all publications.
- Incorporate all amendments of laws made.
- Typeset draft verified laws and study reports.
- Submit soft copies of all concluded assignments to the supervisor.
- Perform any other duties relating to the typesetting and formatting of Commission publications assigned to him/her.